Search This Blog

Friday, October 29, 2010

The Cognitive Style of Powerpt

Re: THE COGNITIVE STYLE OF POWERPOINT
Lynn Pregitzer (lpregitz) (Oct 23, 2010 8:23 PM) - Read by: 9Reply to MessageReply
There are several good points made about the use of powerpoints in the this forum. I'll take an introspective approach on this topic as well. When I lead a discussion with my project group or subordinates I don't use powerpoints because I'm confident of my knowledge in this area. However, when I am presenting material that I am not 100% confident about, I do rely on the powerpoint. A good example is when I present to the GAP cohort. The material is usually new, I have insecurities that fellow cohorts will ask questions that I can't answer and overall, am anxious about my ability to do well due to lack of practice.
As Dr. Elio suggests, I agree that the quality of the public speaking skills should be more important than the powerpoint. I recognize that I need to work on this. I should not have powerpoints dominate my presentation, I should seek assistance in honing my presentations skills instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment